The Yakhini research group is based at the School of Computer Science in the Interdisciplinary Center in Herzeliya and in the Faculty of Computer Science at the Technion in Haifa. It is an active bioinformatics and data science research group with scientists affiliated with both institutes.
Our current research spans several domains of interest, including:
- Hiking in Carmel mountain
- Data science, machine learning, statistics and algorithmics with applications in molecular biology and medical science. A special focus is data analysis for cancer research.
- Computational aspects of synthetic biology, including design and data analysis to enable the efficient and effective use of synthetic DNA
- Image analysis for digital pathology
- Practical cryptography for machine learning and molecular biology
Past work from our group includes the development of statistical methods to analyze ranked lists as employed, for example, in the popular tools GOrilla and DRIMust, and design and analysis tools for hybridization assays. The group also participated in several successful collaborations, applying advanced data analysis approaches in the context of data intensive molecular biology studies, especially in the context of cancer.