Dr. Zohar Yakhini
|Dr. Oz Solomon, Postdoctoral fellow, Technion
I’m a post-doctorate fellow at the Technion.
I received my M.Sc. and PhD degrees in computational biology from Bar-Ilan University, in 2011 and 2015, respectively. My previous research topics include RNA sequencing (RNA-seq) analysis, RNA editing, splicing and RNA structure analysis using high-throughput methods.
I joined the Yakhini group in 2016. My current research is mainly focused on better understanding of bacterial gene expression regulation using bacterial genomics analysis and RNA structural analysis.
|Edward Vitkin, PhD Student, Technion
Metabolic modeling and its applications for Synthetic Biology and Biotechnology.
|Shay Ben-Elazar, PhD Student, TAU (joint with Prof. Benny Chor)
During my PhD I am focused on understanding how to utilize Chromosome Conformation Capture techniques (3C and derivatives, such as Hi-C) to enable the 3-dimensional exploration of genomes. I believe that in the light of the structural mechanics involved in gene regulation we can gain new insights into its patterns.
|Leon Anavy, PhD Student, Technion
I am a PhD student at the Computer Science Department at the Technion. I received my B.Sc. degrees in industrial engineering and information systems management, and my M.Sc. degree in biology from the Technion, in 2012 and 2015, respectively. I joined the computer science department for my PhD studies in 2015. My research interests include information and coding theory applications to synthetic biology. Specifically, I work on coding aspects of DNA based digital information storage systems.
|Dalia Cohn-Alperovich, MSc Student, Technion
I am an M.Sc. student at the Computer Science Department at the Technion. My research area is analysis of molecular measurement data. Specifically, I’m working on developing statistical algorithms to shed light on gene regulation mechanisms. I’m a joint student with Yael Mandel-Gutfruend from the faculty of Biology, Technion.
|Sharon Sultan, Msc Student, IDC
sultansha (at) gmail.com
Analysis of gene co-expression and differential co-expression. Statistical methods for assessing higher dimensional correlations and applications to transcriptomics data.
|Yoav Orlev, MSc Student, IDC
Building a software tool to perform oligo library design analysis.
Yoni Peleg, Bsc Project Student, TAU (Joint with Dr. Alexander Golberg)email@example.comQuantifying sugar content of substances from minimal near infrared (NIR) spectra using sparse solutions to underdetermined linear systems
|Gal Novich , MSc Student, Technion
Former Group Members:
- Israel Steinfeld, PhD 2013 – Assay design and data analysis in studies combining multiple high throughput measurement technologies.
- Limor Leibovich, PhD 2013 – Statistical enrichment in ranked lists.
- Shay Ben-Elazar, MSc 2013 – Analysis of HiC data; Joint with Dr Itai Yanai, Technion.
- Yaara David, MSc 2011- Analysis of time of replication data; Joint with Prof Yonina Eldar, Technion.
- Roy Navon, MSc 2010 – Rank based statistics in analyzing high-throughput genomic data; Joint with Prof Benny Chor, TAU. Thesis
- Eran Eden, MSc 2007. Discovering Motifs in Ranked Lists of DNA Sequences. Thesis
- Doron Lipson, PhD 2007 – Computational Aspects of DNA Copy Number Measurement. Thesis
- Chaya Ben-Zaken Zilberstein, PhD 2006 – Spotting Regulatory Elements by Micro- Arrays.
- Ari Frank, MSc 2002 – Feature selection in gene expression data; Joint with Prof Dan Geiger, Technion.
- Doron Lipson, MSc 2002 – Optimization Problems in Design of Olinucleotides for Hybridization-based Methods; Joint with Prof Uri Sivan, Technion. Thesis