Dr. Zohar Yakhini
|Shay Ben-Elazar, PhD Student, TAU (joint with Prof. Benny Chor)
During my PhD I am focused on understanding how to utilize Chromosome Conformation Capture techniques (3C and derivatives, such as Hi-C) to enable the 3-dimensional exploration of genomes. I believe that in the light of the structural mechanics involved in gene regulation we can gain new insights into its patterns.
|Leon Anavy, PhD Student, Technion
I am a PhD student at the Computer Science Department at the Technion. I received my B.Sc. degrees in industrial engineering and information systems management, and my M.Sc. degree in biology from the Technion, in 2012 and 2015, respectively. I joined the computer science department for my PhD studies in 2015. My research interests include information and coding theory applications to synthetic biology. Specifically, I work on coding aspects of DNA based digital information storage systems.
|Alona Levy-Jurgenson, PhD Student, Technion
|Ben Galili, PhD Student, Technion|
|Sharon Sultan, Msc Student, IDC
sultansha (at) gmail.com
Analysis of gene co-expression and differential co-expression. Statistical methods for assessing higher dimensional correlations and applications to transcriptomics data.
|Yoav Orlev, MSc Student, IDC
Building a software tool to perform oligo library design analysis.
|Ido Amit , MSc Student, IDC||
Alon Oring , MSc Student, IDC. Joint with Prof. Yaakov Hel-Or.
Researching theoretical aspects of neural networks for improved data interpolation.
|Gal Novich , MSc Student, Technion. In Prof. Roy Kishony’s Lab.
| Yoni Peleg, Bsc Project Student, TAU (Joint with Dr. Alexander Golberg)
Quantifying sugar content of substances from minimal near infrared (NIR) spectra using sparse solutions to underdetermined linear systems
|Idan David, Bsc Project Student, IDC.
|Gon Chalamish, Bsc Project Student, IDC.
Former Group Members:
- Dr. Oz Solomon, Postdoctoral fellow, Technion and IDC, 2015-2018 – Bacterial gene expression regulation using bacterial genomics analysis and RNA structural analysis. Currently at Ayala Pharma.
- Ayala Polikovsky, Research Assistant, IDC, 2017-2018 – miRNA normalization. Currently an MSc student at TAU.
- Edward Vitkin, PhD 2018 – Metabolic modeling and its applications for Synthetic Biology and Biotechnology. Thesis. Currently at IBM Haifa.
- Dalia Alperovich, Msc 2017 – Efficient Search for Optimally Enriched Combination of Ranked Lists. Thesis. Currently at Microsoft.
- Israel Steinfeld, PhD 2013 – Assay design and data analysis in studies combining multiple high throughput measurement technologies. Thesis. Currently at Agilent Laboratories.
- Limor Leibovich, PhD 2013 – Statistical enrichment in ranked lists. Thesis. Currently at Google.
- Yaara David, MSc 2011- Analysis of time of replication data; Joint with Prof Yonina Eldar, Technion. Thesis. Currently at BrightWay Vision.
- Roy Navon, MSc 2010 – Rank based statistics in analyzing high-throughput genomic data; Joint with Prof Benny Chor, TAU. Thesis. Currently at MeMed Diagnostics.
- Eran Eden, MSc 2007. Discovering Motifs in Ranked Lists of DNA Sequences. Thesis. Currently at MeMed Diagnostics.
- Doron Lipson, PhD 2007 – Computational Aspects of DNA Copy Number Measurement. Thesis. Currently at Foundation Medicine.
also completed his MSc studies at 2002 – Optimization Problems in Design of Olinucleotides for Hybridization-based Methods; Joint with Prof Uri Sivan. Thesis.
- Chaya Ben-Zaken Zilberstein, PhD 2006 – Spotting Regulatory Elements by Micro-Arrays. Thesis.
- Ari Frank, MSc 2002 – Feature selection in gene expression data; Joint with Prof Dan Geiger, Technion. Currently at Facense.
- Doron Lipson, Currently at Foundation Medicine.