Dr. Zohar Yakhini
|Dr. Oz Solomon, Postdoctoral fellow, Technion
I’m a post-doctorate fellow at the Technion.
I received my M.Sc. and PhD degrees in computational biology from Bar-Ilan University, in 2011 and 2015, respectively. My previous research topics include RNA sequencing (RNA-seq) analysis, RNA editing, splicing and RNA structure analysis using high-throughput methods.
I joined the Yakhini group in 2016. My current research is mainly focused on better understanding of bacterial gene expression regulation using bacterial genomics analysis and RNA structural analysis.
|Edward Vitkin, PhD Student, Technion
Metabolic modeling and its applications for Synthetic Biology and Biotechnology.
|Shay Ben-Elazar, PhD Student, TAU (joint with Prof. Benny Chor)
During my PhD I am focused on understanding how to utilize Chromosome Conformation Capture techniques (3C and derivatives, such as Hi-C) to enable the 3-dimensional exploration of genomes. I believe that in the light of the structural mechanics involved in gene regulation we can gain new insights into its patterns.
|Leon Anavy, PhD Student, Technion
I am a PhD student at the Computer Science Department at the Technion. I received my B.Sc. degrees in industrial engineering and information systems management, and my M.Sc. degree in biology from the Technion, in 2012 and 2015, respectively. I joined the computer science department for my PhD studies in 2015. My research interests include information and coding theory applications to synthetic biology. Specifically, I work on coding aspects of DNA based digital information storage systems.
|Dalia Cohn-Alperovich, MSc Student, Technion
Inference of multi-factorial effects in big data sets.
|Sharon Sultan, Msc Student, IDC
sultansha (at) gmail.com
Analysis of gene co-expression and differential co-expression. Statistical methods for assessing higher dimensional correlations and applications to transcriptomics data.
|Tal Zaccai, MSc Student, Technion
Yoni Peleg, Bsc Project Student, TAU (Joint with Dr. Alexander Golberg)firstname.lastname@example.orgQuantifying sugar content of substances from minimal near infrared (NIR) spectra using sparse solutions to underdetermined linear systems
|Gal Novich , MSc Student, Technion
Former Group Members:
- Israel Steinfeld, PhD 2013 – Assay design and data analysis in studies combining multiple high throughput measurement technologies.
- Limor Leibovich, PhD 2013 – Statistical enrichment in ranked lists.
- Shay Ben-Elazar, MSc 2013 – Analysis of HiC data; Joint with Dr Itai Yanai, Technion.
- Yaara David, MSc 2011- Analysis of time of replication data; Joint with Prof Yonina Eldar, Technion.
- Roy Navon, MSc 2010 – Rank based statistics in analyzing high-throughput genomic data; Joint with Prof Benny Chor, TAU. Thesis
- Eran Eden, MSc 2007. Discovering Motifs in Ranked Lists of DNA Sequences. Thesis
- Doron Lipson, PhD 2007 – Computational Aspects of DNA Copy Number Measurement. Thesis
- Chaya Ben-Zaken Zilberstein, PhD 2006 – Spotting Regulatory Elements by Micro- Arrays.
- Ari Frank, MSc 2002 – Feature selection in gene expression data; Joint with Prof Dan Geiger, Technion.
- Doron Lipson, MSc 2002 – Optimization Problems in Design of Olinucleotides for Hybridization-based Methods; Joint with Prof Uri Sivan, Technion. Thesis