Dr. Zohar Yakhini
|Shay Ben-Elazar, PhD Student, TAU (joint with Prof. Benny Chor)
During my PhD I am focused on understanding how to utilize Chromosome Conformation Capture techniques (3C and derivatives, such as Hi-C) to enable the 3-dimensional exploration of genomes. I believe that in the light of the structural mechanics involved in gene regulation we can gain new insights into its patterns.
|Leon Anavy, PhD Student, Technion |
I am a PhD student at the Computer Science Department at the Technion. I received my B.Sc. degrees in industrial engineering and information systems management, and my M.Sc. degree in biology from the Technion, in 2012 and 2015, respectively. I joined the computer science department for my PhD studies in 2015. My research interests include information and coding theory applications to synthetic biology. Specifically, I work on coding aspects of DNA based digital information storage systems.
|Alona Levy-Jurgenson, PhD Student, Technion
My PhD is focused on developing deep learning models to drive the analysis and interpretation of data derived from genomic measurements, pathology whole-slide images, clinical records and DNA sequences. Currently, my main goal is to combine data from several resources and molecular levels to provide better tumor profiling and identification of tumor sub-populations that may be resistant to drugs, especially in breast and ovarian cancer.
|Ben Galili, PhD Student, Technion
Starting my research work in ML and Bioinformatics. Currently working on effective feature selection for gene expression signatures and on developing methods for analyzing digital pathology images.
|Hadas Biran, PhD Student, Technion (joint with Prof. Yael Mandel-Gutfreund)
I aim to focus my PhD research on improving statistics and machine learning based methods for single cell RNA sequencing data analysis, and on developing techniques designed to use this data to provide new biological insights.
| Ido Amit , MSc Student, IDC
Developing machine learning methods and software to assess CRISPR off target activity from experimental data.
Alon Oring , MSc Student, IDC. Joint with Prof. Yaakov Hel-Or.
Researching theoretical aspects of neural networks for improved data interpolation.
|Roy Shafir, MSc Student, Technion.
Information aspects of DNA sequence analysis.
|Inbal Preuss, MSc Student, IDC.email@example.com
Working on synthetic biology projects including studying aspects of different coding schemes for data storage in DNA.
|Sharon Sultan, MSc Student, IDC |
sultansha (at) gmail.com
Analysis of gene co-expression and differential co-expression. Including the use of DL to predict potential co-expression from relevant nucleic acid sequences.
|Idan David, BSc Project Student, IDC.
My research focuses on developing a statistical method to detect port scanning in corporate networks, a possible sign of a network compromise. The research is in collaboration with Palo Alto Networks.
| Abigail Beck (ChiHong Choi), BSc Project Student, IDC.
Investigating the relationship between protein expression and transcriptomics data. In particular – quantifying and characterizing the gap in the observed correlations between the expression levels of proteins and the expression levels of genes that code them.
Former Group Members:
- Gal Novich , MSc Student, Technion. In Prof. Roy Kishony’s Lab, 2019 – linkage inference methods for phylogenetic relationships.
- Yoav Orlev, MSc Student, IDC, 2019 – SOLQC – a software tool to support quality analysis of oligonucleotide libraries (synthetic DNA). GANs in the context of synthetic DNA design. Currently at Explorium.
- Gon Chalamish, BSc Project Student, IDC, 2018 – Deep generative adversarial networks on genetic sequence data.
- Yoni Peleg, BSc Project Student, TAU (Joint with Dr. Alexander Golberg), 2017-2018 – Optimization of sugar quantification by near infrared spectra.
- Dr. Oz Solomon, Postdoctoral fellow, Technion and IDC, 2015-2018 – Bacterial gene expression regulation using bacterial genomics analysis and RNA structural analysis. Currently at Ayala Pharma.
- Ayala Polikovsky, Research Assistant, IDC, 2017-2018 – miRNA normalization. Currently an MSc student at TAU.
- Edward Vitkin, PhD 2018 – Metabolic modeling and its applications for Synthetic Biology and Biotechnology. Thesis. Currently at IBM Haifa.
- Dalia Alperovich, MSc 2017 – Efficient Search for Optimally Enriched Combination of Ranked Lists. Thesis. Currently at Microsoft.
- Nir Levin, BSc Project Student, IDC, 2016-2017 – Joint analysis of transcriptomic and proteomic data.
- Israel Steinfeld, PhD 2013 – Assay design and data analysis in studies combining multiple high throughput measurement technologies. Thesis. Currently at Agilent Laboratories.
- Limor Leibovich, PhD 2013 – Statistical enrichment in ranked lists. Thesis. Currently at Google.
- Yaara David, MSc 2011- Analysis of time of replication data; Joint with Prof Yonina Eldar, Technion. Thesis. Currently at BrightWay Vision.
- Roy Navon, MSc 2010 – Rank based statistics in analyzing high-throughput genomic data; Joint with Prof Benny Chor, TAU. Thesis. Currently at MeMed Diagnostics.
- Eran Eden, MSc 2007. Discovering Motifs in Ranked Lists of DNA Sequences. Thesis. Currently at MeMed Diagnostics.
- Doron Lipson, PhD 2007 – Computational Aspects of DNA Copy Number Measurement. Thesis. Currently at Foundation Medicine.
also completed his MSc studies at 2002 – Optimization Problems in Design of Oligonucleotides for Hybridization-based Methods; Joint with Prof Uri Sivan. Thesis.
- Chaya Ben-Zaken Zilberstein, PhD 2006 – Spotting Regulatory Elements by Micro-Arrays. Thesis.
- Ari Frank, MSc 2002 – Feature selection in gene expression data; Joint with Prof Dan Geiger, Technion. Currently at Facense.